Sonntag, 4. Dezember 2016

A first stroll in my 'hood

Today I took a walk to the eastern and northern areas of my appartment's location. Here are some pictures to give you guys some idea how it looks like over here:

In front of my door

Close to my place is the Rosary Church -- Kowloon's oldest catholic church -- from 1905. There was also a "special" mass when I went there (I don't know, though, what was special about it). I sat into that for about 20 minutes and then decided to leave because: 1) it appeared like the usual catholic mass to me and 2) it was all in Cantonese >.<

Rosary Church

Looking from the Rosary Church to the Hong Kong Museum of History

Inside Rosary Church before a mass

Right next to Rosary's Church is this area from 1900:

St. Mary's Canossian School

St. Mary's Canossion College

Austin Road

Jordan Path

Yau Ma Tei

Jordan Road

Tak Hing Street

As a little bonus here is what Hong Kong coin money looks like. To the right a few euro-pieces for comparison:


Greets from Hong Kong!

1 Kommentar:

Lucas hat gesagt…

Great images! It's so much different from where I live!